Monday, November 22, 2010

Mush and Mulch.

After examinations we have to go back for an additional 3 weeks of classes as our A2 examinations are coming up soon, like in another 6 months, so today was(is) the first day of classes.
I can officially say my brain has turn to mush after the short 3 day freedom of not having to study. I swear while the Physics lecturer was going on about the things we supposedly have covered before the exams, my mind was this one big patch of static, it as though the period before exams were erased from my mind. So, the conclusion that I can come up with is :


HOLYCRAPI'MSOSCREWED!!!!!


It looks like there will be no honeymoon period for me. Back to living with my books again. *sigh*

So moving on to another topic, a certain genius lent me this DVD.

Love in Disguise, Lee Hom's show.

Well, Lee Hom tried his hand at directing a movie just like fellow star Jay Chou, while I must say 'Secret' by the latter star is somewhat bearable since those piano playing skills displayed by the cast wowed the audience, 'Love in Disguise' was just ....
MEH

That's the word for it 'meh'. It could be because I expected more from Lee Hom and the movie didn't deliver what I expected. The storyline was basic enough, celebrity falling for a wallflower and disguises himself to know her with hilarious consequences. The whole problem about the movie is, it's just, too predictable. It was nice to watch Lee Hom act as a bumbling country bumpkin with a horrendous sense of direction, and he and the co star Yi Fei did have some chemistry, but the rest of the movie just fell flat. The saving grace was Lee Hom incorporating REAL Chinese classical music, with classical instruments such as Erhu, Guzheng, Yangqin, into the movie which I must say is the unique part of the movie, I really loved the scene where he plays "Sai Ma" with his friend to try to prove they were good enough to enter the music school, 'Sai Ma' is a really distinctive Erhu piece, and he tried to play it jazz style, very quirky very fresh, very fun. Thumbs up for that. Of course some Chinese folklore was also injected into the movie, which admittedly does wonders.
All in all, it's not really a deep movie, but it is not a bad way to kill an hour or so. Personally, I think Lee Hom should go back singing and leave the directing to someone else. Any die hard Lee Hom fans out there, this one's for you. An hour of his face on screen= drool fest.

So that's about it, let's hope they either go back to singing, or make better movies. TeeHee.

And that's it cause I need 40/50/even 60 winks.
Till next time,
Neaj
I think I've already lost you, I think you're already gone, I think I'm finally scared now, You think I'm weak - but I think you're wrong

3 comments:

  1. lols..
    lee hom wont make better movie
    since he is not a god
    wahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. the thing about studying is that it usually is more advisable not to give yourself that gap in-between coz it's all about momentum. idk but for me, the minute i take "a break" from assignments or studying, it gets really really hard for me to go back to it. i know it sucks but just bear with it till you're done with exams then you can party-hearty! ;D good luck, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jaz Hqing Let's hope he manages lar to improve with time
    @ Sugarmouse I know right, once the momentum is gone is extremely difficult to get it back! *sighs* And good luck to you too =)

    ReplyDelete