Thursday, November 25, 2010

Stellar Night.


Remember this from the last post?

Stellar night indeedy do. There was a function to mark the ending of a wonderful year, which was the highly anticipated prom night. The theme was Hawaiian Night of Stars, (extremely difficult to adhere to), and it was held at the Botanic Resort Club.
Initially the prom night was to be held at a hotel ballroom, but due to the cool response, the idea was scrapped and this replaced the original plan. It was a somewhat casual event, and it wasn't a conventional prom where everyone had to be decked in formal wear, but nevertheless, it was fun. Anyway, a little run through of my day. Be prepared for pics and long winded captions cause I like it that way.

This is me before getting my hair and make up done. It seemed on that day everything that could go wrong did, classes were supposed to end at 1pm giving me enough time to get ready and help my other 2 friends with their outfits, not to mention entering the venue at a slow and leisurely pace. It was not so. Due to some mix up the previous day, classes ended at 2pm, and to top it off it rained on that day. Thus, by the time I got to the hairdresser it was almost 3pm. Since she was busy, mom treated me to a wash and this is me sitting with my hair half dry half wet so the mousse can 'sit' in or something. By the time my hair and make up were done, it was 5 pm! Thus needless to say we were late, but it was all right in the end since the event was delayed anyhow. 
And volia! The complete transformation. It was a nightmare getting into the outfit since I forgotten I was wearing a black T shirt, thankfully my hair wasn't mussed up too bad. The outfit I wore was simple owing to the casual theme, the winning effect will be the lei I have on my neck. Uber cool.

Before we finished we were mucking about in my bedroom, and this was the final outfit I pieced together for the night. It wasn't really over the top and yet it wasn't to understated, and as for the stars in the theme, I completely ignored it as we were rushing to get there on time. The girls really took the time and effort to make themselves look va va voom for the prom night however the guys were a bit let down as the really were too casual, couldn't they have at least made an effort and not turn up in shorts and flip flops?
Couldn't resist the customary picture in the car. Though my teeth kinda look weird here. Oh well. After numerous reminders not to be late for the event, I was kinda filled with trepidation since I was nearly half and hour late, but lo and behold when we got there we were made to wait at the reception while they get the venue ready. So we milled about just catching up with old friends. There wasn't too much pictures as everyone was busy chatting, and I kinda got distracted on the phone for awhile, but I still managed to milk a few pics out however they look....weird. The event was OPEN AIRED, and there was zero ventilation, thus I could this layer of sweat and oil building up on my face, not a very pleasant feeling since I had on make up, not to mention my hair felt limp, so I do hope next time they will think to put some fans about.
My uber sexy school mates opening the night with their hula dances. There were many performances by our own schoolmates, some enjoyable some not so. The fun of it was watching everyone going all out to make the night memorable.
I am friends with this girl for 11 years and counting. She will always tell me that she first met me in primary when we were lining up to go to the bathroom. Good times, since then we have done nearly everything together, except graduate. Life is funny that way, but thank goodness I still managed to stay in touch with her all these while. =)
And I trust this lovely gorgeous girl does not need any more introductions as you all have probably seen her photo appear on my blog more times than I can count. She's really rocking her new hair colour. 
Xin and I 
I envy that she doesn't seem to feel hot at all and I'm sweating beside her as you all can tell from the weird fringe I'm sprouting. Anyway, this is one of my 'sisters' in high school, we live really close by and you can be sure of all the chaos we get up to. It's a pity that my lovely fat goat couldn't make it to prom as she went to Europe and only came back on the day of the event itself.
My photography skills never cease to amaze me.

All in all the night was all right, but I was a little disappointed with my school mates, I know that the event was a little rushed as the planning only started after their exams, and they had little people to begin with, no proper committee but just a bunch of friends who wanted everyone to get together one last time before embarking on another wonderful phase of their lives. During that night, all my schoolmates seem so cool when the emcee was trying he's hardest to energize the crowd, whenever he expected a response, all they gave him was a cool silence, which should not be the case. I was hoping that everyone will give more response as this is their last gathering but alas it was not to be. Even though this prom night wasn't held in a grand ballroom with everyone dressed to the nines, but it is still a night where we all are gathered one last time as high school students, doesn't that make you want to cherish every minute spent together? To the organizers of this party, kudos to you I take my hat off to you guys, you all managed to accomplish this in just under 3 weeks time, and even hand delivering most of the tickets, I am eternally grateful that someone had the sense to push us all together before we are separated. As for my schoolmates, life in high school and life in the real world is so vastly different, be humble and try to learn from life. Live it to the fullest and all the best in your future undertakings. We are truly Hin Hua. *sniff*

As for that ends the post about prom night, and below are some random pictures.
I can't believe they were splashing pool water around, after all the hair and make up the girls donned on we DO NOT appreciate being drenched TQVM!
I look as though I am about to devour someone here.
Emily and I. 
Somehow or rather we just made peace, maybe because it was too much to continue the feud all the way to Senior 3. I don't know how to put it but it's for the better.
Surprised her with the cam but she still managed this instant pout for it. Professional.
Eddie and I. 
This guy looked fine during the prom night, pity I couldn't vote him as the prom king since he wasn't from our school. More is the pity. 
Innie and I.
I can't believe what her t shirt says!! My supposed 'husband' has abandoned me now and is very very happy in love with her boyfriend. *jealous stare*
Aaron and I.
Tee Peng and I. 
This guy never updates his blog. =.=
Check him out here
Zheang and I. 
This guy can cheer even the most depressed person up. Wonderful classmate.
Mmin and I.
Follow her here.
Rfang Yeo and I.
She and Mmin are nearly sisters. They were my classmates when I was in high school.
NJD and I.
The ONLY guy I know who will patiently wait for me for 2 hours cause I overslept and missed our breakfast appointment.
LPS and I. 
She and Betty made this night possible. 
Salute them!

Wen & Me & Xian (FG's husband)
And lastly end of the night. Bushed and if you look closely my eyes are so red.

These are just some of the pictures from the prom night, there are many more I didn't upload here cause it will just make this post too long and too boring. Kudos to the memorable night.

Love, 
Jean.
You changed and I've changed. It's for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment