Friday, April 8, 2011

Rant.

This rant has actually been sitting in my drafts for quite awhile now, I never really gotten round to finishing it because I was swamped with a lot of studying (lazy) and have a bunch of questions to attempt (lazy) not to mention feverishly revising for trials (lazy) , so since it's the holidays, actually it's a study leave, but whatever, since it's HOLIDAYS, I've dug it out to finish it, with a few updates. ( she decided to not be so lazy)

I'm sure everyone is pretty familiar with Rebecca Black.

No?

Let me refresh your memory.

IT'S FRIDAY FRIDAY GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY.

Jogged your memory enough?

One day, the world was sitting around having finally and grudgingly come to terms with Justin Bieber, and to be fair that kid is growing up and has a decent hair cut and a slightly deeper voice, so maybe he will turn out to be one of those child stars who will fade into anonymity when the time comes. When suddenly out of nowhere, REBECCA BLACK bursts out unto the stage with her horrendous auto tuned song 'Friday', with very meaningless lyrics, let me copy some verses down here as proof.

Seven a.m., waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein' everything, the time is goin'
Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

I don't exaggerate.

First of all, I don't see how monotonous auto tunes can be considered good music , and secondly, her lyrics make me want to commit suicide. Is this the best she could come up with? Even nursery rhymes have better wording, and way cooler context than her song. (think Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary)

To add fuel to the already blazing inferno, there was a video where she talks about her song 'Friday' and how it was layered to actually mean something.

Here are some of here exact sayings on that video clip.

'People don't get it, they really don't get the song' ( WHAT SONG???!! More like your auto tuned bullshit!)

'I'm surprised when people hear my song they think it's some breezy pop song' (*points gun at head and pulls trigger*)

She continues on saying how the song comes from a deep place inside her? And states that it has many hidden meanings, I might as well show you guys.

Here :
ENJOY.

Click on the 'enjoy' text :3

Then I did some minor sleuthing in the dead of the night, and I found that she plans to release a new single called 'LOL' and has hopes of singing a duet with Justin Bieber, has this girl not tortured us enough?

I can just imagine the LOL lyrics now.....

Today in class someone cracked a huge joke

It was fun it was funny it was humorous,

it made me burst out in laughter and everyone was going

LOL LOL LOL LOL

*shudders*

A bit more digging and I find another song called prom night. Here we go. A little snippet of the lyrics, for I can't bear to post the whole thing up here.

Walking down the road, my friends at the mall
Everybody is looking at my new dress is blue
My hair is perm and my perfume smells good
I like a boy, he's nice
Gotta get good with Vitamin C
Gotta wear heels so I look good
Waiting at my teacher, time for the dance
I see that boy and his new haircut
Is he gonna ask me?
Is he gonna ask me?
Time for us to dance

Wonder what hidden meanings are in store for us this time?

Could it be that the dress and perm are us craving for materialistic goods? Walking down the street with her friends could be her way of saying we don't need cars to fetch us to prom and so she's going green. Maybe BOY is a metaphor for her growing sexual awareness perhaps? and how the teens of today fornicate without giving it second thought, leading to the problems of unwanted babies?

WHO KNOWS!

Just stop Rebecca Black, we are not 'Negative Nancys' neither are we 'raining on your parade' we are trying to save you from yourself! Your music cannot even be called music, it's just some auto tuned bullshit with meaningless lyrics. So just STFU and quietly disappear from Youtube, stop soiling the world with your so called talent and tuneless 'singing'. For your information, there's no hidden meanings in any of your song, NURSERY RHYMES HAVE MORE HIDDEN MEANINGS THAT YOUR SONG! No one will take you song lyric by lyric to analyze it, so just get of your high horse and DO NOT PRODUCE LOL, your new hit single, and please for the love of God and all things holy DON'T COME UP WITH AN ALBUM, cause I just heard the hook for your LOL single is 'BFF, you make me LOL!'

BFF, you make me LOL!

I'm sure in the future someone is going to dig this up and go 'homg, this is such euwmaking myusic, laike EVA'.

I'm just going to end this, by once again imploring RB to PLEASE DON'T MAKE ANY MORE MUSIC, and to Justin Bieber, I will say, 'I'm sorry, cause you aren't the worst singer out there, I shall have to strip you of that title and give it to RB.'

I'm sure America has more talent than this!!!!


Rant over.

BAM RANDOM PICTURE.

Bowssss!! *hearts*

Love,

Jean.

It's the magical mystery kind, must be a lie, Bye bye to the too good to be true kind of love


Update on 8th April 2011

Apparently Prom Night is a parody, I found out when I posted the song on my facebook, so basically the rant up there was all for nothing. So yeah. I feel kinda empty now.

Jean.




No comments:

Post a Comment