Friday, August 6, 2010

Smile Like You Mean It~

Life lesson #869 HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED!

So after a tumultuous one month, things have finally settled down, the murky waters have cleared at last, the dark clouds broke and sun shone again. Yeah right, it bloody well didn't go like that. All parties have chose to apply one wonderful phrase to keep sanity in their lives, 'Ignorance is bliss'.

You know one thing? I believe that the Chinese were freaking geniuses for coming up with this proverb '人不可貌像' or as you all know it, 'Never judge a book by its cover'. Exhibit A was polite well mannered generally a good person you know, one can never tell how Exhibit A was like on the underneath since Exhibit A ( hereby shorten to EA for short) never does anything out of hand, preferring to keep their emotions and tongue in check, and always has a nice smile or kind word to dish out to others. Like I said earlier, those brilliant Chinese said 人不可貌像, and boy were they right. This afternoon I have fully appreciated the meaning of this proverb and for the record, whatever you're feeling towards me, the feeling is NOW mutual.

Nah I'm just kidding. What I meant to say was, the feeling is NOW mutual but intensified to another 100 degrees more. I think we're equal, I've hurt you, and now you've hurt me back. Also, I would also like to thank you, thank you for appearing in my life, thank you for hurting me, thank you for all those words you've said, for now I know that life is a bitch, and I realised how hard I have to work at life and how much I need to improve. Thank you very much.

Seriously where would I be without you? In a place called contentment actually. Now I know that's the place you go to await sudden death.

Taking a break from all those negative emotions, I guess you can safely deduced that life has slapped me in the face with another lesson, except this time it's a 2 in 1 package.

Earlier in the evening, I went to the pool to have some time alone and reflect on my day. There were only 3 people at the pool including me. A mom and her toddler were already in the pool and stuff and the cute girl asked in Mandarin "Mom, who's that? ( hereby referring to me unless the daughter is 'gifted') The mom answered, 'another aunty lar'.

Seriously wtf, 'auntie'???? WTF

Then she must have realised her super faux pas when I was in the pool with them, then the little girl went 'it's a big sister (da jie jie)' and she said hello in such a cuuuuttte way. I mean her eyes were scrunched up with smiling, the apples of her cheeks all bunched up in those little kiddie way,and that childish voice saying 'hello',  and at that moment all hatred left me. 

Peace.

Smile, like I MEAN it!

[Jean]


还记得年少时的梦吗
像朵永远不凋零的花
陪我经过那风吹雨打
看世事无常
看沧桑变化
那些为爱所付出的代价
是永远都难忘的啊
所有真心的
痴心的话
永在我心中虽然已没有他
走吧
走吧
人总要学着自己长大
走吧
走吧
人生难免经历苦痛挣扎
走吧
走吧
为自己的心找一个家
也曾伤心流泪
也曾黯然心碎
这是爱的代价
也许我偶尔还是会想他
偶尔难免会惦记着他
就当他是个老朋友啊
也让我心疼
也让我牵挂
只是我心中不再有火花
让往事都随风去吧
所有真心的
痴心的话
仍在我心中虽然已没有他

SO TRUE,  a song by 李宗盛-李宗盛

No comments:

Post a Comment