Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Day In The Car and An Instant Tree.

It was really early in the morning when I stumbled into bed today, if I remember correctly it was about 4 am, and before I knew it, it was time again for me to open my eyes and generally get myself moving for the Ipoh trip my parents had planned, normally during exam time they will be all too happy to leave me at home with all the potential hazards so I can *cough**study**cough*, but since exams are over and I'm on holidays they decided that I should tag along. I have Dysania, so imagine how hard it was to separate my body from the warm bed, even my teeth ached from the effort.

Red hairband with red car at the background at a desperate attempt to look like a morning person after only 4 hours of sleep.

So anyway I spent the entire trip reading 'Carrie' by Stephen King, totally messed my vibe, before long I was already in Ipoh and of course being city people we had to stuff ourselves full of the wonderful food there, this time my parents took me to a hawker stall area known as 'Dai Xu Giok' literally meaning big tree foot, as the hawker stalls were located at the roots of some seriously old trees. The food there? Nice. Of course, the main point of the trip was to collect old bean's turntable and that was a boring 3 hours spent, upside of it was getting to listen to Dire Straits' Money for Nothing in record form, very berry nice. 

Dinner was at a small town named Sungkai apparently also famous for it's pig trotters, and it was there I ate this 'exotic' dish.

Guess what this is.

Go on guess, don't read the following paragraph, stare at the poor quality image and try to guess what is that on the spoon.

Got it yet???







The answer is Terrapin. Is there anyone here who doesn't know what is a Terrapin?? If so,  please do yourself (and the whole world) a favour by educating yourself via Wikipedia or Google or Baidu or whichever search engine you're fond of. My mom scooped some triangular jelly like substance with meat attached to it and put it on my plate, saying I should eat some before they tell me what it is. While I was munching and thinking that the meat is pork with some weird funky soft bone/fat/skin, they revealed the answer. I think I was in shock, and my mom continued on with 'well at least you tried some'. Nice way to deal with the whole issue, at least you tried some. FTW mom.

Well, it IS exotic right, anyway for those of who wondering what it's like, the jelly like substance is firm and tasteless, you can only taste the sauce which they cook it in and the meat has a texture like thinly sliced beef, though it boggles the mind, the dish is actually pretty yummy. There you have it, Sungkai's speciality, pig trotters and terrapin. While I was settling the bill I looked at the total amount of RM160++ and told the young boy to add in the price of our 3 frozen pig trotters we had as take away, and he retorted (in Cantonese) with 'Already added! If not where got RM160++ so expensive?'. Privately in my heart I was thinking IT'S DAMN CHEAP! Such a city girl is I. *pensive face*

Then when we reached Selangor, mom and I immediately continue on to secure our Christmas tree and fetch my sister from her never ending (or so it seems) band camp at school. Upon reaching home, we started assembling the tree. 

The tree when it first came out of the box. It was literally a stand and you had to attach the fake leaves unto it.

Leaves and branches of the tree.

Attaching the leaves was easy as they already coded everything for you. It's so simple even a child could do it.

Tra la la la la.

The finished tree will be out soon.


Till then people, I'm so tired the words are blurring themselves as I type.

Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Jean.

See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup Yeah buddy that's his own hair That little faggot got his own jet airplane That little faggot he's a millionaire

No comments:

Post a Comment