Saturday, December 11, 2010

Yuletide Cheer and Calorie Piling.

Right, looking at the calender as I'm typing to announce with joy that Christmas (a holiday that is slowly sucking my money pool dry) is another 2 weeks away!!! 2 weeks as in 14 days, 336 hours!

The reason why I'm so hyped up? That's because all my relatives are coming over to celebrate Christmas with us, so that's probably the sole reason why my mom is so enthusiastic about decorating the whole house for Christmas and recently we have been on a tree hunting + ornament hunting + anything that screams 'Christmas' hunting shopping spree.

So in the space of 2 days, I've probably walked all there is to walk and seen all there is to see. I can say now that we've gotten nearly everything, the next big step will be the assembly of the Christmas tree. I feel tired just thinking about it.

YESTERDAY

So anyway, we have to eat to sustain ourselves for this hunting trip and so I've tried a steamboat restaurant affectionately known as 88 to the people around Bukit Tinggi. The concept is basically all you can eat for a fixed price and free flow of drinks, the student rate is RM19 and the adult rate is RM 24, can you imagine how appalled I was when I took out my student card from Taylors and was told to pay the adult rate?? Apparently according to this establishment, the student rate only applies to those age 17 and below. Unreasonable much! I'm still a student by rights, I deserve to be charged RM5 lesser! BUT I DIGRESS! As mentioned previously, it's a steamboat restaurant, however you can choose to grill the meat and stuff as they have a small charcoal grill for you, and the sides of the steamboat cooker are actually metal grills loaded with foil. When I say grilling, it means a little oil or no oil and watching the meat cook over a slow heat, but apparently to the majority of the people here, grilling means, loading the meat with margarine and watching the oil drip down unto the charcoal/foil and consume it paying no heed to the impending health complications that will inevitably follow. Watching how people consume margarine (which according to the internet chain letters is only ONE molecule away from being plastic and if you're a science student or anyone who remotely knows science, one molecule = FREAKING CLOSE) here, is enough to put me off eating and that is a mean feat. Also, here they have an aquarium filled with live prawns which you can catch and cook for that 'fresh taste', I prefer the ones already laid out, the dead non jumping ones, less hassle, same great taste.


The mini charcoal grill.

The steamboat cooker and the grill around it.  Of course this was taken before we started eating I'm afraid after the meal it was not a sight to behold. All in all the food was 'bearable' if I have to eat here again, it'll probably be with the company of friends which can make even the suckiest food taste like the feast up on Mount Olympus. 

I've always wondered how establishments like 'how you can eat survive' with just the cover charge, and surprisingly RM 24 is bearable for a meal. Then my old bean enlightened me, apparently it's all calculated and the price will cover all the expenses the restaurant will incur including the supplies ( unless of course you're some glutton and can eat everything wellll that's a different case). So, there is a limit to how much a person can eat and by gambling that people will get full from all that free drink and endless soup from the steamboat I guess it's kinda easy to keep the business running, if there are no gluttons eating. 

Then of course it's off to the Bukit Tinggi Jusco to search for Christmas Trees. I'm never ever going to look at anything green and spindly anymore and we got a tree. Yay. 

Wore this to Jusco. The hairband is MAD CUTE! Just LOOK at those two Santas up there, and the best part is the bobble backwards and forwards when I shake my head. How CUTE is that!

TODAY

I'm going to gamble that none of my lecturers are reading my blog, so I shall just say with absolute frankness that, I just couldn't be bothered with the last day of college and thus I fobbed it. Choosing instead to accompany my mom to IKEA to *quell surprise* shop for Christmas deco. Seriously, though I was whistling Christmas carols, a few hours of looking at shiny baubles and glittering trinkets was enough to make my retinas bleed glitter. In other words, once we gotten the necessary decorations, we went off.

Since IKEA is connected to the Curve and Ikano, we hung around doing more window shopping and for the first time in my short existence I was actually too tired to shop, I was walking into the Curve with all its pink themed decorations and all I wanted to do was sink down in a bench, jaded from shopping, how terribly spoiled I have become. Oh well, there will be a next time to window shop there. For now, I'm contented to leave it half explored.


This dresser is MAD CUTE MAD SWEET. Love the concept.

A pair of super duper expensive high heels paired with my white socks, making it look very fashion gone wrong or right depending on who is looking at this picture. To the side you can see my poor abandoned sneakers. I was wobbling in the high heels going 'mirror mirror' every now and then as my sister kept laughing when I wore the shoes, note to self, try not to hold hands out and imitate penguins walking, shop assistants will not look pleased.


And now for the more serious stuff, I have a classmate that is actually going to leave class and pursue his medical dream in....

...

...

...

RUSSIA! 

Right I can't say I'm totally in agreement with this plan because 1) There is ONE MORE semester to go till the end of our A levels, just ONE MORE, we've suffered so far why not cross the finishing line as well? 2) Russia is COLD 3) Russian syllabus are super off tangent 4) Did I mention Russia is cold? 5) The lessons are conducted in Russian, people speak Russian, the signs and books are in Russian and the last time I checked, Malaysia has zero Russian, leaving you with no choice but to learn Russian and according to my ANOTHER friend who is already in Russia, Latin for the anatomy class, BUT it is his life so I guess this is what he thinks is the best for him. So no matter what good luck to the lame god , the class will never be the same again. No more lame jokes such as 'got point' no more laughing over the shared joke of too loud for ants, no more random facts that entertained me so much, parting really sucks! 

With that I'm signing off,

Jean.

Here we go Take a bow Because we're over now You were not There for me When I needed you and honestly I think I loved you more If that's possible I think I loved you more It's over now and I can't save you Some things are better left unsaid And all the promises I made were so stupid Maybe we'll be able to be friends

If that's possible.

P/S It could just be me and my weird mind again, but doesn't ANYONE out here finds it remotely weird that National Geographic uses 'The Only Exception' by Paramore as the song for their advertisement for the programme 'Great Migrations'? Is it just me again?

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment