Monday, December 20, 2010

HELLO! Would You Like A Campus Tour?

Is basically what I've been repeating yesterday. I volunteered to be a student helper in the Taylors' Open Day which is bombarded at the masses through every media means possible (newspaper, radio etc) . So my job was supposed to be sharing my experience as an A levels student but I wound up taking people on campus tours instead. My former classmate Erik, now doing CPU, got pulled into sharing his experience so much that he literally freezes up and pretends to be invisible everytime the lecturer starts looking for students.

Digress I am doing, but.

Even though I was dead tired, I really loved doing the campus tour, because it involves me doing what I do best, talking! Lots and lots of talking. I also like to see how various families interact, for example, you can have over zealous family members but a quiet kid, or a quiet kid with quiet parents. It's interesting to see how the parenting goes about in a family during the brief time you spend observing them. Also, many people I met were a bit surprised that people from KL could speak Mandarin, as one lady said to me 'I thought people here only spoke Cantonese', such a misconception. Even bigger one? After learning that I was a student from a Chinese independent school they were surprised that I could speak fluent English. Seriously, students from Chinese independent schools CAN speak English. All in all, it was a fun day. Campus Day? Anyone?

Short post, but side note. CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't have a mirror, so I took a picture to check if I have any food bits stuck in between my teeth. My sister's total FTW comment?

'Is this preparation for your future advertisement?'

Sisters.

send in the trumpets the marching wheelchairs open the blankets and give them some air swords and arches bones and cement the lights and the dark of the innocent of men

1 comment:

  1. Cat Power - Lived In Bars (:
    i will download the photo XD
    and put as the contact photo in my phone
    WAHAHAHA
    don't be so insane , mind your image ...

    ReplyDelete