Friday, December 31, 2010

The End Is Just A New Beginning.

Since everyone is doing a reflection of their year (even *gasp* xia xue) I'm hoppin' unto dat bandwagon with this blog post, and I'm going to write a letter to myself, just because I'm narcissistic that way. So there!

Dear Jean of 2010,
As you're (I'm) typing this, there's only about 10 minutes left to the new year which in case you're too stupid to know, it's the year 2011, and I know you resent being called stupid, but since I'm you and you're me, I figured you'll let it slide this time cause you can't do nothing!! TEEHEE. So in this 10 minutes or so, let us reflect on the year thus far.
This year has been a disappointing year for you right? I don't know what happen between you and the Jean from 2009, it seems like when you guys did a crossover, things didn't go so well. Was there some sort of communication breakdown between you guys? What happened to all those things 2009 said to you? You know those things about changing yourself and working harder, did all those promises get lost in translation? Well to make things very clear I'm not letting you do that to me, No sireee, we do this with them watcha call it blacks and whites! No trusting those pesky word of mouth thingamajigs.
So even if you did have a few setbacks this year I'm sure there were some good parts of it. Like how bout those wonderful new friends you made? Yeah those people were cool right? Some of them just make you laugh and laugh and laugh, and some not so cool people made you cry and cry and cry but it's ok we all cried, and I will cry too I suppose, one can't really tell now, but from what I heard from all those Jeans excluding those baby and toddler ones, you cried the most. Ha, you're such a big baby. Oh, and another thing, you attended that really cool event called MUN too! You were such a wreck on stage, what happened to your cool and wit? All flown out the window the moment you're up there, but it's ok, you still did a great job and you learned some wicked stuff too. Nice going girl!
Also, you composed a song! Even though it IS for some Malaysian Studies project and one of your wonderful friends wrote the chord progression for you , but it's still something right? You even got on stage in a group to present it, heck you rapped in public even! Your mirror is sighing in relief. That was a nice moment, but you ruined it with your crappy video, go hide
your face in shame you! Why is it your good achievements have bad ones clinging unto them, such things will not happen to me, no sirree! Speaking of Malaysian Studies, you even went to visit an orphanage and old folks home, at least you've learnt to be a bit more appreciative. Changed your life a little that. Not a wasted trip at all.
So, speaking of friends that made you cry, you had a blast from the past and you actually erased that little bit of the past? The more's the pity, you should have kept a friend, what 2009 did was rational since that guy was a douche, but this was better, and well, guessed you've forever lost a friend, such a pity. However, you wasted SO MANY MONTHS over another guy, what were you thinking?? Or you weren't at all? I'm thinking the latter. You really were such an air head when it came to these matters. I suppose now I must be smarter that you, if not we won't be getting anywhere. You and your nonsense fantasies, with your nonsense thinking, too much la douleur exquise is what I think was your problem. I hope now you've really learnt your lesson, and for God's sake, keep you stupid heart safe! Aside from that, boy you really tanked examinations this year, god you are such an idiot. Come to think of it, if I had to use adjectives to described you it'll only amount to 2, stupid and idiotic. Well, I'm not going to repeat your mistakes anymore, let me do the hard work from now on, you and your stupid brains can go into something call memories from now on. So there.

Also I will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER cut my lovely hair like how you did. SO THERE!

Goodbye Jean of 2010, you taught me some things, and I hope I am truly smarter than you. There is however one thing I loved about you.You really spent the best days of your life with people who mattered the most,like our family. Laughter heals. With that, I hope tomorrow, with the start of a new day, I'm a better and changed person.

From, Jean of 2011.

Well, I guess this is it. The End. I have to say the one important lesson I've learned has to be that my parents are almost always right. So I have to listen to them more, it would save me loads of grief.
With that, Goodbye 2010. You were a good teacher.

2011 Here I COME!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Jean.


I'm old fashioned, I love the moonlight I love the old fashioned things The sound of rain, upon a window pane The starry song that April sings This year's fancies Are passing fancies But sighing sighs holding hands These my heart understands I know, I'm old fashioned But I don't mind it that's how I want to be As long as you agree To stay old fashioned with me

No comments:

Post a Comment