Friday, January 14, 2011

Busybodies.

My new classroom, wait let's rephrase that, my- actually it's old but since my class hasn't used yet for the whole year last term so technically it's new- classroom faces the main road, first day back I have bagged the last seat at the last row in that class. It wasn't until 4 days later did I realise just exactly how great that place was.

By main road here, I mean the road outside the Main Campus, which has shit loads of shops and eateries (being near a COLLEGE and all). So guess what? Where I'm sitting right now, enables me to use the free wifi service provided by those shops and restaurants, literally free internet connection while I'm in class.

But that's just one good thing about it, the other good thing is first hand glimpse at the action going on below, and by action I mean accidents.

So imagined you're in a cramped classroom, on a FRIDAY afternoon having an EXTRA period of nothing more mind numbing than physics, QUANTUM physics at that, an introduction to quantum physics more like. The air conditioning of the room for some reason thinks it's funny to only blow hot air into the already stuffy room, so while you're listening to the lecturer talk about Maxwell and Planck, suddenly you hear a crunching noise from outside. (Oh by the way you have opened the window in a pathetic attempt to get some cool air)

Then your classmate turns around and asks you 'zhong che arh?' ( literally meaning bang car or in other words accident), but you are busy pondering quantisation so you just shake head absentmindedly, then suddenly you hear screams of someone dying of flesh burning poison. It went on for a few moments before someone thought to look out.By someone I meant me and my classmate also sitting in the back row.

We saw puddles of melted flesh as a result of the flesh burning poison.

NOT!

We saw a general state of confusion, there were students pausing in various activities to look at a malay guy on a motorbike screaming in pain, shouting out that his leg was broken. I heard that people could see his bone protruding out. So none of us know what really happened, but it was a welcome break from physics, and the lecturer just let us do what us Malaysians do best, ke po (being a busybody), albeit for a few minutes only.

Typical of us, the first thing we do is hang about looking at chaos. OH well, it was interesting though.

Which brings me back to why sitting at the back row was awesome, I looked out and said 'wah, really got accident', it was an instantaneous effect, everyone left their seats too look out the window, but being there first I got front row seats.

Awesome.

And NO I'm not some sort of sadist that builds my pleasure on other people's pain, I just am that busybody and I just gawk at something I don't see everyday that's all.

Scene of accident, right next to that rust coloured car.

The victim.

Hopefully he's all ok now.


That's it, now back to solving the taman shud case, or at least read about it. Haha.

Love,

Jean.

If you seek shelter from your past, they'll come to point their fingers where, you cast your shadow, you cast your shadow.

1 comment:

  1. Sondre Lerche - Dead Passengers

    like it so much ~ watched his live performance
    that's cool

    ReplyDelete