Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Moment Dedicated to Me, Myself and I.


170111
Another new year! Another Birthday!! Yours truly just had a birthday on Monday. That means now I'm another year older. Three cheers for me for stating the super obvious.

Since my birthday was on a Monday, I actually had 3 celebrations. One with my family, one surprise celebration with my classmates and one with my babes.

My parents took me to eat in a German restaurant in Bandar Puteri called Stadt which is apparently famous for it's pork knuckles. Also, this is my first experience drinking German beers. Well, it IS different from local beers, flavour and texture wise, and it was superb!
Stadt.
Puchong Bandar Puteri
Pouring the German Beer =)
Clockwise from bottom:
Hoegaarden, Weihenstephen (dark), Erdinger, Weihenstephen again
I had the Hoegaarden which was really light and has a nice aftertaste, which according to my dad is the taste of the hops. The Weihenstephen however is stronger and there's a distinctive taste for the dark beer. Erdinger was a bit not to my liking as it was a little sourish.
Note to self : Don't smile through glasses.
This is the house specialty-- pork knuckles, so proclaimed on their website as 'THE BEST PORK KNUCKLES IN TOWN!'
Well I'm not too sure about the 'best' in town but I can assure you it's SINFULLY yummy!
We ordered honey glazed pork knuckles, and the skin was crispy, flavourful and slightly sweet, the meat was tender and melt-in-your-mouth soft. I could just eat this all night.
Mixed Sausages.
I wouldn't recommend this, it's like a waste of money to pay so much to eat some sausages.
Barbecue Pork Ribs.
Again another sinfully yummy dish. I felt so guilty after scoffing the whole lot.

Stadt is a nice and cosy place, perfect for the night out just relaxing and enjoying good food and good alcohol. Take that special someone out to Stadt. *wink*
Went home and cut this little fairy cake as my birthday cake, I think it was for the better as all those 'pork' dishes made me gained about 1000 pounds.
OM NOM NOM


Then it was MONDAY, the *cough* official *cough* day of my birthday. My classmates surprised me with a celebration in the cafeteria with some of my new friends from other classes, who play truant to come for the celebration.

Cue the hearts! I was so touched that my classmates organised this. Even the cake tasted nicer.
However if you look closely there are 20 candles!
Wrong age!
The aftermath!
I was so touched, sniffles. A big thank you to them for this wonderful surprise, and their gift too.
All the funky colours! ALL MINE!

After classes, I then jetted off to Pyramid and had a nice 'quiet' sit down dinner with my babes at Italiannies. I say quiet but in reality we were quite the noisy patrons as the topic of dinner was about things we felt strongly about, but it was fun, and they really made it a special birthday dinner.

The complimentary bread at the beginning as a starter, since we were all hungry, Fat Goat arrived at one and was shopping and waiting for us to come, which was nearly 5 hours later, Mee didn't eat anything, I skipped lunch for cake, HAHA, we devoured it like wolves.
Bread with olive oil and herbs with black vinegar.
Olive oil + bread = Another acquired taste.
I prefer the complimentary bread from Tony Romas.

Penna Bolognese.
Lasagna. Seriously the best lasagna I've ever tasted.
It was swimming in a sea of melted CHEEEESEEE!
Some Italiannies specialty chicken.
NOT recommended.
The meat was too tough and the sauce was too salty.
Lemonade.
Reading Enid Blyton's books during my childhood always prompted me to wonder what will this drink taste like, especially since she always ALWAYS described this as a cool and refreshing drink during a hot summer's day.
Now I know why they are so gaga over this drink.
I LOVE IT!
Refreshing, cooling and zesty.
AND THIS is an acquired taste.
Banana and Strawberry Smoothie. =\
Burns a hole in your pocket though.
Amounting to roughly 50 bucks per person.

Thus, ends my big day! I officially 19 now, and hopefully wiser. HAVE A GREAT 2011 !!!!

Random pictures:
BIRTHDAY COOKIE!
I love subway cookies right at the start of my day!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES at that!
Another type of Birthday Cookie!
Home 'baked' cookies. Yummy.
*kiss*
Posing with the bone as usual.
Super SINFUL, but oh so nice!
Cut the cake!
Italiannies!

Lastly! I WILL SAVE FOR THIS SKIRT!

Hugs and Kisses!!
170111

I miss winter just because I miss when I knew you best
I miss the typewriter in the basement, I miss making your room . . a mess
I miss not being misused
I miss it all, so I guess I lose
Sea green, see blue
Hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment