Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Snip Snip...Slice Slice~~

Today in Bio we did our 1st dissection experiment.....though I did do one before during secondary school..this time it was much more extreme...because my group's goat's heart...(try saying that 10 ten times fast) has it's lungs and what not still attached to it...which makes up to this big lump of bloody icky muscle..so my group had to hack our way to the heart...since I was kinda worried about my WHITE lab coat..I held the heart really really gingerly..but all my care was wasted when one of my classmates turned on the tap full blast and splashed water all over me...water with flecks of goat's blood I might add...><...

Then there was the question of identifying the parts of the heart...I failed during Junior 3...and again this time..all those animals are waiting for me in animal hell....but I did see valves..and erm..pulmonary artery? I'm a bad bad person...><...the poor animals...I shall work harder next time at identifying..I got no trouble in the slicing up department..hahahaha

Talk to the hand..hahaha

Spastic face!!

Trying to get all the unwanted parts out

Me& Wei Wen & Yew Fung

MR B!!! though he was actually disgusted he came over to watch us mutilate the heart

Douglas & Me & Mr B & Yew Fung~

So today we had a presentation on animal abuse..this topic really brings back memories..especially the part I was presenting..which was on circus animal abuse...I remember that time we were debating on home ground ( In HHHS lar) and I was the whip for my team.. the opponents (from XXX school..can't really remember) brought this supporter/fan club to the auditorium while on our side was the english club members who didn't know who in the world we were...so on one side of the audience..it was full of cheering and clapping...punctuated with cries of "Go Jos****(the 2nd speaker)!!!" and on our side it was like "*insert sounds of cricket chirping*" lolz..it was kinda demoralizing then especially watching the 2nd speaker have his bunch of adoring fans hanging on his every word..sickening..I can still remember the pompous way his opening statement for his speech sounded..and the high affected voice he used and the accent he had.....it had felt really really satisfying to rebutt his points that time... and oh ho ho ho ho..we won that round in the end...and the funniest part was..one of JOS***'s more zealous fans asked a question about how using animal as cartoons not a form of abuse...her exact words were..and I quote "so Nemo's a fish?"...good times good times..needless to say the presentation today was a breeze..except for the part in which I stumbled over a few words due to stage fright..gotta get that cured!


Snip Snip Slice Slice..

Jean~

No comments:

Post a Comment