Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fast Forward..Pause..Rewind


A picture of me 10 years into the future. My future self uploaded it on a website that's only available on the 100th minute of the 100th hour of the 100th day of the year 2010.
(The time line doesn't even add up)
 

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!

The story was my brother brought back his graduation gown 2 days ago, so he came back quite late around 1 am I think. However it's not everyday that your only brother graduates, so I threw the books aside to watch him put on his graduation gown ( yes at one am in the morning) and ooh-ed and aahhh-ed over it. After that I snuck a quick picture of myself with his mortarboard. So it explains why I'm wearing my childish sleepwear again. X) This is a preview for me..what not to when the mortarboard is officially on my head (hopefully) in ten years time. For starters, I should not have such a fat face, and secondly, I should get more sleep before taking pics for I can see too DEEEEEEP lines on my face.

*sniff* So proud of my bro. *SNIFFFF*

Anyway, today in Malaysian Studies we were learning about elections. Our lecturer decided to have a mini sketch involving 2 guys and a girl, the whole point was the guys were to give 5 promises to the girl in order to win her heart, she has to chose who she wants as her boyfriend after they have each made an attempt to woo her.

Analogies used : 5 promises = Manifestos given by the political party
                             2 guys = Different political parties
                             girl= Voters

Anyway, the whole point of this is not about the election process, (it's boring) the whole point is how the 2nd guy could sweet talk his way through the sketch. He starts of with ' XX, I promise to love you with all my heart.' Awwwwwww! Girls are suckers for sweet talk, this I will admit freely, I bet that every girl in the class probably went 'awww' mentally. No matter how fake it is, we still fall for it, damn our genetic make up for making us susceptible to sweet talk.  He then continues on to promise her alot of materialistic stuff, but who cares, love is what matters. X)

With that, adiĆ³s [ especially to all those sweet talkers out there X) ]

[Jean]

No comments:

Post a Comment