Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm On My Way to Believing.

Recently I've been out of sorts.. Yeap that's the best way to put it...out of sorts. It's probably cause I'm so accustomed to a particular thing and now that it's not there anymore I sort of gotten a little disorientated and couldn't seem to fall back to my normal routine. However, since right now I've grown to not expect it to happen, so my life is slowly but surely getting back on track again. 

*Pleased grin*

Anyway, dear Malaysians, it's that time again....I don't mean the Mega Sales that's happening nowadays....hey you know what?!!!! When they say sales they actually mean selling you goods with marked up prices then reducing it to its normal price so you will psychologically think that it's cheap and splurge on it probably using reasons like 'sales mar..once a year' and then end up with huge debts you spend the remaining time of your year paying off and even though we all know sales are BS sadly to say I and you and everyone else out there...still FALL FOR IT! Ok, got sidetracked there for awhile, I mean it's THAT TIME AGAIN PEOPLE! 

DURIAN SEASON!!!!

Can you believe these are actually real fruits now sitting in my house's refrigerator and not something stolen off net??

IMBA pic by me...*sniff* so proud of me

*pats myself on the back*

Anyway, continuing with my thread of thought before I became all random and weird again, it's durian season again! X) I once read somewhere this sentence that's kind of true 'durian season in Asia is about as highly anticipated as a Western kid waiting for Christmas. ' It is highly anticipated, and people love eating durians (with a few exceptions).  Personally I'm just weird, I love eating durians, but I hate anything durian flavoured, but than again it's me, so it's to be expected anyway.

What's there not to like about durians anyway? They have creamy smooth flesh and a distinctive sharp and bitter taste followed by a full bodied flavour just bursting in your mouth. If it's chilled it's even better. What's there not to like?

So here's a little incident I want to share with you guys, one day when my mom and I were on our way home we passed by Carrefour and so happened we were stuck at the traffic light there, with nothing to do my mom did her favourite sport, people watching. She saw this couple who were sitting on the bench outside Carrefour eating durians, and the girl was just..weird. She wanted to eat durians but didn't want her hands to smell of it, so her boyfriend had to feed her the durians, then later on, she produced a plastic bag from dunno where and proceeded to wrap her hands with it so she could hold the durian to eat. Wow...so....troublesome. If it were me : Eat 1st care later.

Be careful about durians people, they are super high in calories and extremely 'heaty'. So drink plenty of water and eat them in moderation. 

Lastly before signing off...

I WANNA WATCH DESPICABLE ME!!! I WANNA I WANNA *stamps foot like a kid*


-It's so fluffy I'm gonna die-

Jean



No comments:

Post a Comment