Sunday, July 11, 2010

We Live to Eat

So this is a post about JOGOYA again. I can introduce you all to another Jogoya crazy person and that is my babe Leona (Hugs and Kisses babe!). The reason why we are so crazy about this restaurant is because they serve a range of high quality food for a price that is reasonable considering the set up of the place, the location, and even the spread of food they offer. There is Japanese, Asian and Western cuisine offered in Jogoya and it's all of top notch quality. The Japanese spread alone is enough to fill you up. Walking around the restaurant you can get to sample various food in different cooking styles which are sectioned off into areas named 'steam' 'roast' and just to name a few. However the main attraction there (to me) still has to be the Japanese spread and the desserts. All you have to do is go there with an empty stomach cause for the price of RM70++ you get to enjoy an ALL YOU CAN EAT buffet! Imagine a free flow of various sushi, drinks, Japanese cuisine, Western cuisine, Asian cuisine. It's really worth it!

Taking my customary picture before leaving X)

While I was in the jam I had nothing to do so I decided to admire my beautiful ring..It was all thanks to Babymonkey that I can get it X)

While we were passing by Pudu which is also another red light district, we saw this signboard and immediately came to a really perverted connection.

You guys can figure it out yourselves X)

The funny thing about Starhill is that they don't label floors in the gallery with numbers, they use words.

Since the last time we registered to be a VIP member they have given us a booklet of gift coupons to use. 

While we were paying at the counter besides us was a Chinese man who I presume has to be a tourist for when the receptionist stated the price of his meal which was a whopping RM 825, he pulled out a STACK of RM50 notes and started to count right in front of the lady, his friend or relative also pulled out a WAD of RM50 notes when asked if he had any note smaller that a 50.

VIP tickets! In Jogoya itself, if you're a VIP member you can get to eat some special dishes specially prepared for members, and all you need to do is put this ticket into the bowl provided for you at the venue of order.

This clips are use for ordering food you have to drop this clip into a bowl in front of the counter where you order food and the staff will cook it and send it to your table.

This area inside the cage like structure is a dining area if you have a big number of guests dining together, they also provide rooms for those who want more privacy. Sort of like dining rooms.


Like I said it was sectioned off into many parts so this is the 'Steam' section where they serve a variety of steamed food such as Dim Sum, Pao and etc.

Japanese Spread.

This is the one half of it, the staff are enclosed in a N like structure preparing the food inside while the cuisine are placed on plates outside. 

I could only snap this part as the other side of it has a sign proclaiming that there is no photography allowed.

Just imagine. 

ALL YOU CAN EAT!

So it literally means free flow of SUSHI!

Escargot Satay!

My sister has a chronic fear of snails, but everytime when she goes to Jogoya she will want to eat Escargot and she does agree that it's nice, but after one bite it will hit her that she's eating snails and her fear will kick in, so she passes it on to any member of the family and this time I'm the lucky chosen one.

Tempura!

Teppanyaki!

From the Asian cuisine side, this is egg with sharkfin and prawns.

So sinful but oh so yummy.

This is a Japanese cuisine. 

You have to put the special soup they have into the bowl and come back to your own table where they are mini gas cookers for you to cook your soup.

In this particular dish the soup is like some sweet soy sauce and when it's done cooking, mix the egg evenly and dip the hot beef into the raw egg and eat it.

I don't know if I did it wrong but all I did was make the beef smoother.

Didn't help with the taste at all.

VIP dish number one!

Lobster with onion and garlic.

This was a extreme let down, for those of you who want to try it don't waste your coupons.

The meat was scarce and overcooked, not to mention the egg they cook with the special onion and garlic sauce was interesting but not in a good way.

While you're at it, don't try the lamb shank either.

VIP dish number 2!

Lobster again but done in what style I don't know.

This one is WORTH the 3 coupons you have to exchange!

This time the lobster meat is tender and juicy and the outer part of it which is the roe is cooked in a salty and sweet sauce complimenting the succulent meat inside.

It's MOUTHWATERING! 


Also a never ending supply of coconuts to drink.

The one at the bottom is much nicer, more fragrant.

For beverages you can chose to drink the fruit juice that they have or they complimentary alcoholic they provide. If all those don't strike your fancy then you can brew individual pots of tea or even have coffee from their coffee machine which brews a variety of drinks from Espressos to Lattes.

Below here are some of the desserts we sampled.

The two types of bread pudding offered there.

I love bread pudding!

The top one is rum and raisin bread pudding while the bottom is just normal bread pudding.

For the rum and raisin there wasn't any rum taste and the bread is slightly tougher than the normal bread pudding which in comparism has a slightly spongy texture.

But they were both yummy.



Free flow of Haagen-Dazs

This is what I took from the Haagen-Dazs ice cream.

Caramel with biscuit.

It so smooth and yummy and though it's caramel it's not overly sweet so that it's sickening.



And the new ice cream they had.

New Zealand Natural's Butterscotch with Walnuts.

Actually it's pretty ok, but compared to HD it's just..flat.

The ice cream is slightly rougher if compared to the smooth consistency of the HD ice cream.

They even have chocolate fondue fountain. and that's only PART of what their dessert sections offers. They have cakes, puddings, jellies, cookies and so much more yummy stuff!

Meringues, 2 Types of Mochi, Chocolate Pear Tart and Fondue.

The meringues was described by my sister as bigger versions of iced gems (those biscuits with coloured icing on top that I loved as a child) but when I tried it I didn't really like it. Meringues are made out of egg white and sugar so it's soft and light, but when I bit into it, the feeling I get is like biting into edible Styrofoam if Styrofoam were edible. 

I skipped the Mochi but let me tell you don't try all of them. Only the chocolate flavoured ones are worth using your limited stomach capacity for.

Chocolate Pear Tart looked nice and chocolatety, but I didn't try it. 

Fondue- 2 THUMBS UP!

Tiramisu!

My absolute favourite!! This Tiramisu is soft and light and the cream is rich without being overly sickening. A wonderful dessert!

On the right, Coconut Pudding.

It's actually not bad and methinks it's real coconut water made into jelly.

Stuffed!

*Kiss*


After stuffing our faces full of good food, we had to proceed to Low Yat Plaza as my brother was going to search for computer components to build my sister a brand new CPU, however as my mom knew that I have zero interest in this IT thingy and my sister won't be much help to my brother anyway, she suggested taking us girls to Pavillion.

The street that sucks your money out of your pocket!

The Street of BARANG BERJENAMA! 

(Street of Branded Goods)

While I was there, I finally came across a brand of perfume that I have always wanted to try out. 

JULIETTE HAS A GUN!

I had originally read about this perfume in CLEO magazine and I was really interested in it, the founder of this perfume is  Romano Ricci. Romano Ricci is none other than the grandson of NINA RICCI!  He's considered to be quite the trendsetter and at a young age of 28 he's well known for his style of sharp well dressed classic young man and a fedora. His  love for Shakespeare has lead him to create this fragrance, and there is 5 scents, Calamity J, Citizen Queen, Lady Vengeance, Midnight Oud and Miss Charming.

Romano Ricci..

He's HAWT!

So while I was at the perfume counter I tried one of his scents in the Juliette Has a Gun range and I absolutely LOVE IT! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE thousand HEARTS LOVE it!

It's none other than Miss Charming. 

I think I even love it over Anna Sui's 'Live Your Dream'

Though it was a close fight.

Can it please fall out from the sky??


Another lovely day has ended..

[Jean]

2 comments:

  1. *Super Like*
    OMG OMG OMG!! Super like!!Muahahaha...
    I want to eat those dishes you posted on!!! OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should both go together after our exams...we save up now and then go have a spending spree X)
    I think if we go together Jogoya has to close down lar..cause we eat so much

    ReplyDelete