Saturday, July 3, 2010

This is IT!!!!

This is IT! 

On 030710 was HHCO's 8th concert. I, being the utmost busybody, just had to go back and watch the concert since it was the new coach's 1st concert in HH! I was so excited that day. 

Of course there is a customary picture of me before leaving the house. It has almost become a habit/tradition for me to do so.

hmm I smile weird

Ok the more I look at it the more I think this pic is ugly...so I shall stop looking

So it has already been half a year since I've left the Chinese orchestra to enter college so I was naturally curious to see how all my old bandmates have been faring since I've left. I know for sure that they would have improved as we have this amazing new coach but I wasn't too sure about how the concert will be conducted. However after last night, I am wowed by the amount of change in the band. 

The whole band in its entity has already given me the feeling that they have matured, of course most of my friends are know already in their seniors but it's not just that, they have grown as a band and matured as a band in terms of music also, and they were already more united than during my year.

Though I am sure they had their ups and downs and major fights and god knows what else drama that happened before they went on stage but during the moment of their performance they really gave their best and didn't disappoint, though it was still easy to spot some of their mistakes in terms of tempo and lmao even the wrong notes my junior mistakenly played for a few songs, but overall, they really have improved, and I'm really proud of them. *sniff*

The theme of the concert 

时光跫音

I can try to somewhat translate that to English but it's going to be inaccurate but here goes:

The surety of music throughout time 

I guess!

The 1st song of the night. Somehow my coach has managed to shift everyone to play either the chinese flute ( Di-zi) or the percussion to present one part of a famous orchestra song, and it was a really different and innovative way to present a song, as they actually had the percussion on stage but the Di zi walked down to the audience from the side of the stage while blowing the melody, most people will think that Chinese orchestra people just sit in a big group and play some boring songs that sounds like they were from the Mao Tze Dong's era ( which they probably were) or songs better off in a Chinese funeral but this time they proved them all wrong! NYAH NYAH!

100++ members..once again *sniff*

My cute coach! super nice guy, but too bad I've no chance to take a picture with him

Thank you for all the work you've done for our band..*sniff*

The most recognizable instrument of the Chinese orchestra 

The Er-Hu

Not all girls lar..the guys are in front but majority are girls

Look past the Er-Hu and you can see the Chinese flute (Di zi) surprisingly their numbers increased greatly.

My Juniors..*snifffff!*

Yeah we have Cellos and Double Bass cause the original instruments to provide the bass in Chinese Orchestra is nearly obsolete..I think you can only find those instruments in China.

Those multi piped things?

Duo Yin Sheng 

Hard to play but sounds wonderful in the band...oh well


Of course not forgetting instruments such as the Pi Pa, Liu Qin and and Percussion but since they were sitting at the back it was kinda hard to take a picture

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below this line is the horrible pictures of me of the  night but I don't really care about  posting them here cause..well...I dunno my mood feels good today. So I shall go ahead and post them up, but be warned! When I say horrible..I mean horrible. (like burn your retinas horrible)


From Left : Kally & Me & Xin & Choice 

Choice was MY band leader from the year hmm 2004?

Okay I have no comments bout this WTF kind of picture

My Junior (Yeojohn) is probably on a performance high or something

PS His leg was JUST in front of me!

And I look like I'm drunk here...go figure

Sotong & Me

Anyway these 2 guys are the ones that I always hang out with during my band days

Lolz good times eh xiao zha bohs?

( They are the crazy gals (xiao zha boh) and I'm the crazy guy (xiao ta boh) )

Yan Yan & Me

She's such a nice girl

Lolz! Aunty & Me!

He's back from Taiwan and I'm not too sure bout his choice of colour for his contacts.

Yong Xin & Kally

Me & Liang (classmate)

Long time since I've talked to him..sigh...and he's graduating soon

SIGH!!

ROFL 

Yeojohn~

Surprisingly this xiao zha boh got hotter after not seeing him for so many months

They just refuse to take a normal picture with me!

Sis & Me

This 2 if they are ever together will make THE cutest couple ever!

Yeojohn and Purple Stop

X)

After the concert Mom took us to eat our dinner at some coffee shop nearby HH, and surprisingly the food was NOT BAD..Delicious even.

Canto Style Yee Mien with prawns.

The 1st thing I tried was the prawns and they were fresh and tender, the flesh gave way with the right amount of spring as you bit down on it, sometimes coffee shops tend to serve you prawns that are not fresh but it was not in this case!

The noodles were cooked in a starchy eggy sauce and it was marvelous, the right amount of taste and the right texture for Yee Mien, slightly hard but not too the extent of being crunchy.

Fried Chee Cheong Fun

Yes I'm not kidding this is actually Fried CHEE CHEONG FUN. (FCCF)

Chee Cheong Fun is basically thin strips of rice dough rolled up to become a tube like noodle and this was cooked in a similar style as Fried Koay Teow and it was not too oily neither was it too salty and if you have tried FCCF I highly recommend it as it has an interesting (in a good way) texture and taste.

Spare Ribs in Hong Siew Style

Succulent and tender meat and crispy skin with sweet sauce. What else can I say? Every bite is a mini heaven on earth!

Homemade Soya Bean

They sell it in one bottle.

Total Cost : RM49

Considering we had 2 bottles of soya, 2 plates of noodles (with big prawns some more)and 1 plate of meat I'd say it's not bad!


So thus ends my Saturday..HHCO I LOVE YOU!!!!! There's one thing about being part of a band, even if you left they make you feel like you haven't left them at all! X) Can't wait to see what will they surprise everyone with the next time.


*sniff*

[Jean]


Footnotes!!! 

Just for laughs. We spotted this signboard on our way home.

ROFL that tiger makes me laugh.

And the number below in Canto matches the whole idea of that signboard!

2929 (yi gao yi gao)

Make your own connections!



1 comment:

  1. Ok sorry MAJOR ERROR up there..Choice was my band leader for year 2006..I just realised my SUPER BIG ERROR! SO SORRY!!!!

    ReplyDelete