Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Force Over a Small Area

There is such an unbelievable thing as being inspired by the movie 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' ...Yes I am inspired after watching that movie for the 2nd time.  Yesterday I was up late because of I dunno 'pre class jitters?' Anyway I just couldn't sleep and was surfing Astro and channel 413 (is it Star movies? ) was playing 'Confesions' and it was nearly ending where the main character Rebecca or Becky finally has her life under control by selling ALL her clothings and accessories to pay off her credit card debt.

And you ask why am I so inspired by this? ( I can hear your scoffs ok)

It's because the fact that she could just let go of everything she once held dear, she let go of everything she once thought were important, in order to make her life better, and in order to get back on her feet again and even though it's fictional I still can relate with it, for you see there are some things which I think I value a lot right now or more like I think are really important and I think it's time I put my life back in order by letting go of these things.

For example there is no need for me to extensively refresh my Facebook home page reading updates all the time. There is no need for me to hang around people's profile commenting on their status. There is also no need for me to read a gazillion articles of Cracked. com even though I love reading the wacky articles there. There is absolutely no need for me to keep clicking next on the graphjam website although it's admittedly hard not to be tempted to. Lastly, I don't need to constantly be online on msn just waiting to talk to people, it's not like I can't see them in classes or anywhere else.

So saying I should do a Becky (referring to how she put her life in order again) and put a stop to all of my activities so I will have more time for myself and my own REAL non virtual life and of course my studies. This sudden decision is probably hasten by the fact the lecturers were all mentioning how difficult the forthcoming semesters will be AND just looking at the amount of money being pumped into my studies sickens me to the stomach.

So it's time to take a deep breath and cut all ties with those above soul sucking time wasting websites and really focus on what's important right now.  Even though it's going to be hard but I will persevere for I will not disappoint anyone who is important to me again!

So saying I'm leaving with a heart filled with determination!!!

Signing off,

[Jean]

Footnotes

Just to show you guys my henna has completely faded but it has left this mark on my skin..so chio..actually what happened was the dye was covering my skin so while I was happily roasting in the sun it has turned the surrounding exposed skin darker thus creating this tan pattern..X)

Oh well..even though I still like this mark on my hand but the henna was way cooler..all good things always come to an end *sigh*





No comments:

Post a Comment