Friday, June 11, 2010

A Night of Firsts

Hello List-Enne..=)

Just got back from an Ensemble Concert at HHHS..the concert is sort of an exchange between HHHS and Unity Secondary School from Singapore..HHHS did it ensemble style while USS did it orchestra style..and my sis had a solo with her French Horn *frenzied clapping* 

I actually miss performing in concerts..I miss all the excitement and all the anticipation and going for all those camps to prepare for the concert..in a weird way I miss all those long hours of practices..coordinating the events...going though details with lighting and sound effects people..rehearsals..and of course..the wonderful band members that are performing with you..That's the beauty of concerts..you build up everything just for that one night and it's always over too fast..but the memories..they stay with you forever...Normally everytime when I finish performing I tend to be a bit down cause it's like all your special things are over..it's because..there's nothing else to look forward to anymore..

Haha..look at me going on and on like an old lady ...this was supposed to be about my sister..

Anyway she had her 1st solo performance tonight and it was using a French Horn..playing the song ' I See A Huntsman'..taking into consideration 1) This IS her 1st solo and this IS a girl without any stage experience whatsoever prior to this..and 2) She started practicing like last Saturday..the overall was actually not bad..although I wished that she could have projected herself with more confidence and blown a little louder..However I'm so proud of her..good 1st attempt J!! Hope there are more solos from you!!

Tips to look good on stage (cause I know you're reading J) :

Always stand up straight and tall..no one can tell if you're pissed scared on stage if you're standing up straight and not slouching cause the body language shows someone who is confident..

No matter how scared you are...look at the audience..chances are you'll feel better just looking at someone..

Never ever cross your arms on stage..it's really a sure sign that you're not confident at all..instead if you're talking use your hands to accentuate a point and if you're performing there's really nothing else you can do with your hands right?

The last tip..Whatever you do just remember anything small movement on stage is really obvious..you might think no one will notice you shrugging to hitch up your bra strap or no one will notice you scratching your hard to read parts in what you think is a discrete manner..but in reality when everyone's focused on the stage..chances are somebody and it's a lot of somebodies..will actually see it..and if they're recording..you'll be the butt of many reunion jokes to come...

Take it from me..cause I'm older than you

As usual nothing is complete without pictures..

Me again..haha..

Sister..

Ensemble..

Unity Secondary School (at least the middle part of it..there were so GDM of them)

While waiting for sis to finish up with her band I as usual took some pics

Sis and me..XD

Hope you improve more on your French Horn

P/S she just complained that her feet hurts because of wearing heels..haha..being a girl is hazardous..go soak you feet in hot water..it helps..hahahahah

Anyway..next topic..my bro (wonderful person that he is) just came back from his graduation trip around Europe yesterday..and he got me...

MIU MIU!!!

LOVE IT SO MUCH!!

The colour especially but I don't think it's visible here but it's almost the same colour as the Miu Miu paperbag 3 photos up

My bro even goes on to educate me about Miu Miu and how it was named after Prada's granddaughter Miuccia Prada who wanted Prada to be more affordable and fashionable towards younger women thus leading her to create Miu Miu...lucky me....

He got my sister a Miu Miu bag also but since I didn't take any pictures of the bag I can't share it here..=(

But..this can't beat what he got my mom

ZOMG! 

I love it soo much even though it's not mine!

Drool~~

The rest of the stuff he bought were pretty awesome too but this is the highlight..and I would like to say 

THANKS KO!!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!

cause he carried this all the way around Europe in his backpack(which is about 25 KG)..Brothers like him are hard to get..=)


Ending my post filled with LURVE for my siblings

Jean~


No comments:

Post a Comment