Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sun + Sand = Heaven On Earth (Part 3)

Hello hello again..This is the last post about my trip..I'm sure I have dragged it out long enough and you all are probably sick and tired of seeing pics with my identical smile and identical shades with different backgrounds =)

Forgive me for I love to take pictures of myself..actually the main reason why I choose to split the post into 3 parts because there were SO many pictures and SO many things to say.. Forgive this worthless one...X)

Anyway moving on..the last leg of our trip was actually the delayed trip I mentioned in Part 2 the trip to Phi Phi Island..since we woke up on the last day to clear blue skies..we knew for certain that we were able to make the trip there and according to tourists we befriended since we lived in the same hotel as them it was really nice..and 'nicer than James Bond Island' 

High anticipations!!

This time we sat at the stern of the boat where we could see the scenery as the speedboat made its way to the Phi Phi Islands..there are actually 2 parts of the island one is Kho Phi Phi Don which is the largest island and the other is Kho Phi Phi Leh which is the second largest island..

This is the beginning of the trip to Phi Phi Islands but the picture is a little blur cause the camera lens were all fogged up due to it being in the cold hotel room for one night

I think I am the only person that is able to camwhore while the speedboat is bumping up and down and get non-blurry photos as a result...even though you all have seen it a hundred times but I shall still post pics of myself and my favourite shades here X)

The sights when we were on the speedboat I really love the water here..nice and clear and the tourists were right..it is nicer than James Bond Island

The process of getting baked

In all those pics you can see that we have stopped by many beaches around the Phi Phi Island..there we were allowed to snorkel and it was sorta fun except the snorkeling mask I got was really foggy at the screen..so at the 2nd stop for snorkeling I got fed up and struggled to get to shore while walking on the sea bed with my flippers..then I finally waddled to shore and removed all my gear and gingerly picked my way to some God forsaken toilet they had at the beach..and here I was happily washing all my gear and my face (my eyes were stinging everytime I went snorkeling) with what I thought was fresh water..until some of it got to my mouth and I realise with utmost horror and dread that I have been washing everything with SEAWATER they had in a tub beside the toilet...All my effort for NAUGHT!

So with no choice I went back to the sea and put on all my snorkeling gear again..and this time I had a brainwave..I walked barefooted while holding unto my flippers till I can't reach the sea bed with my feet anymore and tried to put my flippers on underwater(NOT EASY!)...Needless to say my 2nd snorkeling experience was fraught with peril..and walking on the sea bed in any beach in Phuket was torture on my soles..since it was all dotted with rocks and shells

This is actually how hot it was at the stern of the boat..if you put your slippers face up towards the sun when you re-wear them you can actually feel the skin of your soles burning..so in his heroic efforts to hide from all the UV rays..my bro didn't care about his image anymore and spent a long part of the ride under this yellow towel...

Here is where we stopped by a lagoon which is 10 metres deep!!

I had to constantly move my arms and feet about just so I won't sink and this is a really really ugly pic of me..but I shall just heck care and post it here to show you all..just how deep the water is..

These 4 pictures are all showing the Viking Cave where people harvest bird's nest and business is booming! Bird's nest is in really high demand and so far the supply cannot meet with the big market demand and so I think if I'm not mistaken the guide did mention something like 100,000THB for X amount of bird's nest..but all I remembered was the feeling of awe when he mention the amount..

Here is where we were given bread to feed the fishes while looking at the Viking Caves..and the guide said something funny to which I can still remember..

"I would not recommend you go swimming here..as you can see the fishes are very hungry"

Once the bread pieces were thrown into the sea the fishes all swarmed towards it..finishing the bread in a matter of seconds.

Here we were allowed to feed the wild monkeys but the guide warned us against petting them the reason being sort of like why we don't pet stray dogs on the streets right? You might get bitten and who knows what sort of diseases you could contract from that one bite..so the trick was to put the peanuts at the tip of your palm and extend the hand at the general direction of the monkey and wait for it to take some interest in you and let it grab the nuts out of your palm then just trickle the nuts unto the sand for it..

Pic 3 you can see a monkey SNUBBING me with my outstretched hand!

Pic 4 you can see the beginnings of a sunburn on my back and yes I do have a 2nd swimsuit FOC right now..X)

As we were leaving my bro decided to show off how well he could take photos..

IMBA!

By the time we got to the airport I was so tired I really couldn't be bothered with anything..so I zipped myself up in the jacket and went to sleep on the benches like those guai lohs who were waiting for their flights also..I slept until boarding time and in the plane I just directly fastened my seatbelt and didn't wake up again until landing time..

Here I was lucky enough to remember snippets of the captain's speech..he said that our landing was delayed as we were given landing number number 11..and for some reason we were delayed for 15 minutes..I sort of have the sensation that the plane was stationary(stationary airborne you know ) for that whole 15 minutes or was it my imagination?

Then when we collected our baggage it was delayed also..so in short I was really grumpy + tired when we reached home at 2 am!!!!!

Overall I really enjoyed my holiday trip to Phuket and in a way the trip gave me many opportunities to reflect about my life now and the problems that I face..also it gave me time to enjoy the presence of my family and just the comfort of knowing that no matter what..at least they are still the rock for me to lean on (in spite of numerous scoldings I seem to get)

It really was a happy holiday for me..

However all good things must come to an end..so it's time to pack up the memories and prepare myself for a new semester..

Once again....signing off as

[Jean]




No comments:

Post a Comment