Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pumpy-umpy-umpkin~

27/05/10
As usual..I stumbled into classes existing on a bare minimum of 2 hours of sleep..which accounts for my weird behaviour during chemistry..

If I sleep late I tend to act all weird and high..and..I can't stop giggling..I don't know why..ever since in high school when I started this habit of being nocturnal..I will develop a bad case of giggles the next day..

So during chem..I just kept laughing and laughing for no apparent reason...I think this is one of the many factors contributing to the inevitable conclusion that I must be loosing my mind...or it could be the after effects of all the caffeine I ingested the night before..who knows..but like my classmate said 'People who don't know you might think you're retarded..' which is really true...

The main reason for all the laughter is probably because my classmate has made up this wonderful joke about 'Johnny'..you see the classroom we  were in has this faulty door..I think it's because it's just too old and the door catch is probably worn off so when the wind blows outside the difference in pressure is sufficient to open and close the door..so being students we always joke that something supernatural was afoot...thus my classmate announced one time when the door was doing its usual opening and closing that her good friend AKA Johnny was coming back..not to mention there was a spare desk at the end of our classroom..nicknamed 'Johnny's Desk'...It was really amusing at that time XD

But laughing is really good for the soul..one feels WONDERFUL after letting all the stress drain out with laughter..

Downside? One feels sleepy and sleeps through the wonderfully interesting Physics lesson today...

28/5/10

Ok so up there was the extent of what I have managed to squeeze out before falling asleep yesterday night...I was doggone tired..

But today is a WHOLE NEW DAY!


Heading out to LUNCH..OM NOM NOM!

So sunny outside!

We were on the way to the restaurant in Dengkil..since it was a long journey and we had nothing better to do..we took many many pictures of ourselves...this is one with the both of us in shades..

We swapped...

I wear these shoes even though it hurts my feet..go figure

See see see!

Sinki in Dengkil

Anyway..Many many things happened today..my parents were on holiday as it's Wesak Day today..and they decided to go lunch at a place called Dengkil...(I also didn't know this place existed until today)..it's somewhere on the way to KLIA and it serves really really good food..We ordered most of their famous dishes and it didn't disappoint us at all..We had fish..."big head" prawns...toufu with fishballs..ordinary vegetables and chicken... Here are the pics of the food


1st to come was their famous fish..it was cooked in dark sauce with chillies and chilli padi..the fish was deep fried and the sauce was poured generously over it..the spiciness of the sauce complemented the fresh fish..perfection!

Then came the ordinary vegetable called 'ho gu' (not too sure about it) we had it in 2 styles one as you can see above..just stir fried the other was with belacan..and both of them were nice though I prefer the original stir fried version

This was the toufu and fishball..The light soy sauce complemented the toufu really well..the fishballs were springy and had this nice texture as you chew on them..overall it was light and easy..a great dish with rice!

Now this chicken is to die for..It's actually kampung chicken in "bak zham" style..even though it's an ordinary dish....the taste and the texture of the chicken makes you want to keep eating this dish..the soy sauce of the dish was completely immersed in the chicken and the complementary sauce (ginger+onion + oil) made the flavour of the chicken stand out..the texture was springy and it doesn't stick in between your teeth despite the meat being slightly tougher than normal chicken..

Now this was my favourite dish..it's 'big head prawns'..Not sure what's the cooking style but they put dark sauce and sugar on it as a seasoning..The meat of the prawns is tender and springy and the head, which is the best part, was crunchy and the roe was just oozing out in this wonderful orange puddle..this is probably the best prawn dish I'd ever tasted..to let you know the size of one prawn it's as big as this 

OM NOM NOM!!!! XDXD!!

While you're there I would recommend you to go and buy their 'pau' (chinese buns)..The paus are all homemade and it's all hundred percent man made without the help of any machine...apparently according to my mom it's pretty good but I haven't tried it yet..but I will later...OM NOM NOMMMIE! But here's a snippet of a convo we overheard as proof that it's really good...

Lady: " Give me 10 char siew pau..20 dao sar pau...etc etc"

As we were leaving the seller came out with 3 more of these wood steamers..look at those cute paus!

Only 2 steamers but the amount of paus inside..mind boggling..

Doesn't it look nice? Like paus in Sepang..
See the amount of pau steamers????!!
If one can fit like 20 it's about 20*32=640!!!!
640 man made paus!!!

This is sort of random..the parking space we got was on a slope and my dad managed to reverse park his Camry into an empty spot...ZOMG...I salute him!

My parents' cute moments..Mom went and put a ring on him..=)

After that heavy lunch (thank god I didn't eat breakfast) my parents headed off to Summit..and there I saw A Do performing! He was there to promote his latest album and he had this mini concert plus autograph session...apparently this will be his last autograph session in Msia..oh well..he IS quite old...=)


A DO!
Right when he was looking at me..hahaha!

PHEW~ what a day eh?

Bushed~
Jean~














No comments:

Post a Comment