Thursday, May 6, 2010

So give them blood, blood, gallons of the stuff!

Today I participated in the PMS's blood drive..where I donated blood for the 1st time....this is further proof that I'm truly going insane...This is because...Actually I'm freaking scared of injections..I break out in cold sweat whenever I see a needle..So it was a miracle that I voluntarily let the nurses stab me with needles to extract my blood...OMG

Anyway..at least I know I'm O type..which is the universal donor...*cheers*...doing good makes me feel good inside..So let me reenact the scene in the room where blood was being donated..

So this is fast forwarded to the point where I had already filled in the form and had my blood pressure taken...this is where I get my blood tested...

Me: Tak sakit kan nak derma darah?

Nurse 1 (while swabbing my finger) : Tak sakit..sikit sahaja....*turns to her colleague and says* "eh panas lar sini..esok nak kasih install satu fan kat sini lar" *turns to me again* " Tadi jari apa yang saya sapu?"

Me: (inwardly thinking this is an ominous sign) " yang ini" *pointing to her my right hand's middle finger*

The nurse swiftly takes out the er..lancet? and jabs my finger with it...squeezing the blood out and trying to get it into the dropper..at this point she says to me 

"aiyo..sikit sahaja lar dik..Saya jab you satu kali lagi boleh tak?"

Inwardly I was screaming "HELL NO!! I'm not letting you jab me!" outwardly I more or less gave this reaction

"TAK BOLEH~~~~~~ I tolong you..." Between me and her we managed to squeeze enough blood out for the test..to which I heave a huge sigh of relief..

Then comes the part in which I have to actually let my blood flow out into some bags..

The nurse comes in all cheery and stuff and tells you that it will not hurt...which is a lie..cause it did hurt..esp when she injected something into my arm to make something swell under my skin...and into that swollen part she jabs the metal tube connected to the bag so that the blood can be transfered out...It was sick making...I actually seriously felt really really sick while I was watching the whole process...and I could literally see the blood flowing down down down down into the bag...sick making...

And J was all " Oo..I love watching them jab stuff into veins..."

No comment to that statement...

Anyway..I donated like 300 ml of blood to UM...which left me feeling a little tired and extremely thirsty..don't know why....kept on drinking water during the last 2 periods..Also..I felt really disorientated while playing badminton today..it was as if my reflexes were on holiday mood or something...and the guys kept on pushing my out of the court saying that I've just donated blood so I should rest..hmpf..missed out on the fun~

Anyway..it was truly a new experience for me..and I think I will donate more blood in the future..

*pics will be up at a later date!* and here they are!!

Still cheery!

Still no worries! Can camwhore!

NOW I FEEL SICK!!!!

I nearly puked!! hahahhaha

So~~ my mom was mentioning to me at dinner time..how this young man died recently even though he had lead a healthy lifestyle throughout..Apparently the cause of his death was actually heart attack..but the ultimate cause of the heart attack was that he didn't get enough sleep?

While she was telling her story..she kept looking at me..

Lack of sleep causes HEART ATTACKS?? I heard of overworked organs..but HEART ATTACKS??!

I am so gonna sleep more...


Yawnz~

Jean~




2 comments:

  1. Uhhh i couldn't stand straight after reading your post. The way you described the process... gawddd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..don't be you should have actually went and understood the process 1st hand =)

    ReplyDelete